Who We Are
Established in 2009 to provide financial education and investment strategies to investors. Our in depth programs cater to everyone, from beginners to intermediate to the most advance investors. We have taught thousands of students from all over the region who have gained financial freedom and built up a strong retirement and passive income fund. We make investing education easy and fun to learn.
Mr Robert Tay is known for his lively, enthusiastic and interactive classes. He has a knack to keep his students engaged by bringing investment theories to life with practical examples and anecdotes. He ensures his students’ understand the concepts and their applications to the real world.
Robert has a BA in Economics and Sociology from the University of Singapore (NUS) and obtained his MBA in Finance from the University of New South Wales, Australia. In his career as a currency and deposit broker he was trained in the Sakata Method of Candle Chart Analysis.
He is currently a Dealers Representative with UOB Kay Hian Pte Ltd and has a financial career that spanned over 35 years.
His career roles include:
• Currency and Deposit Broker with Hung Chue Pedder Martin Pte Ltd.
• International Money and Deposit Broker with Marshalls International Pte Ltd
• Credit Analyst with DBS Bank
• Investment Manager with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd
• Director , Research, Phillip Securities Research Pte Ltd,
• Director , Phillip Securities Unit Trust Pte Ltd,
• Investment Manager, DBS Securities Pte Ltd
• Research Manager , Morgan Grenfell Asia Securities Pte Ltd.
• Vice President (Dealing), Morgan Grenfell Asia Securities Pte Ltd.
Known as an expert by the financial community, Mr Tay is a highly sought after trainer and have taught for many reputable financial institutions such as :
• The Stock Exchange of Singapore (SES)
• The Singapore Exchange (SGX)
• BURSA ( former Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange)
• The Philippine Stock Exchange
• Securities Investors’ Association (SIAS)
• Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF)
• The University of Singapore , Department of Extra Mural Studies
• The National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
• The National University of Singapore , Department of Business Administration.
• Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
• Share Investor Pte Ltd
• Standard Chartered Bank , Singapore
• OCBC Bank
• DBS Bank
• Phillip Securities Pte Ltd
• Lippo Securities Pte Ltd (Jakarta)
• Reuters, Singapore and Reuters, Philippines.
The testimonials from these reputable financial institutions serve as strong evidence of Mr Tay’s experience, knowledge and teaching ability.
Mr Tay has taught for the Joint MBA Program by The National University of Singapore Extension and The Indian International Institute of Planning and Management and is the Course Director for the Wealth Management, Portfolio Management and Financial Risk Management Modules.
As a frequent conference speaker on investment analysis and management and for his contribution to investment education in Singapore since 1983, Mr Tay was invited to serve the following financial institutions in the following capacity:
• The Stock Exchange of Singapore (SES) , member of Education Committee 1987-1993
• The Singapore Exchange (SGX), member of Education Committee 2001-2003
• The Securities Investors’ Association (SIAS) , member of Education Advisory Committee 2001 – 2003.
On the basis of the above, Mr Tay is well equipped and experienced to teach students the requisite skills and strategies to be successful investors.